Wyndham Legal Point of Discharge

The owner is also responsible for maintaining and repairing the drain between their property and the legal disposal point, even if the connection point is within a road reserve or public property. The document indicates the point on the site where rainwater should be drained. To request information about the legal discharge point, you must complete an application form for the legal discharge point and the Council`s easement. The design of each stormwater drainage system to the flow of a parcel of land must be approved by a responsible home inspector. The Council is not required to review and approve the project. A legal discharge point certificate is essential for planning your stormwater and drainage points. Legal discharge point refers to where rainwater leaves a parcel of land and can be discharged into the Council`s drainage infrastructure or other rainwater harvesting devices. Under section 610 of the 2006 Building By-law, all property owners are required by law to ensure that stormwater drainage on their property is connected to a regulatory discharge point designated by Council. Also known as By-law 610, LPOD or LPD, a legal discharge point certificate indicates the point at which rainwater flows from a property into a community-managed drain, as well as the location of the pipes on the property. A legal discharge point is a place determined by the board where rainwater is to be discharged from a property. This is usually in the council`s rainwater drain or a drain in an easement, if available, or a curb and canal.

If the legal discharge point of a parcel of land is in a road protection zone, a permit for work in a road protection zone is required for the construction or modification of the land connection. For more information, visit our Working in a Road Reserve page Access all information about your property, including bushfire attack level reports and energy reports, through PSI Global`s online portal. Any foundation project involving an easement must be designed to maintain a minimum light height of 600 mm relative to Council`s stormwater infrastructure. In cases where there is a stormwater inspection pit inside an easement, the foundation must maintain a distance of 1.0 m from the edge of the pit. Anyone who builds or renovates needs a legal discharge point certificate. When you submit a Dial Before You Dig request through www.1100.com.au, it confirms whether the easement contains pipelines for entitlement to service. To apply for an easement building permit, you must download and complete an easement construction application form. Please allow up to six weeks for your application to be approved before work begins. Your land surveyor must consider this report before issuing a building permit.

The request for a legal disposal point does not include information about a property`s private internal drainage system. Please note that the legal discharge permit does not include a stormwater drainage plan on your property. Issues related to flooding or surface water runoff between adjacent properties need to be clarified between the private owners involved. These matters do not fall within the competence of the Council. A real estate drain (also known as a house drain) is the pipeline that connects to the council`s rainwater line from your property. You can ask for this permission if you intend to perform work through an easement. The homeowner is responsible for ensuring that a property`s stormwater drainage is connected to a legal discharge point. Download the form « Consent to the installation of a structure by easement » If the easement contains a Council rainwater pipe and you have pipeline data (e.g., Diameter, offset, depth), you must submit an application for legal opening. A license defines the need to obtain recognition/certification and registration in order to carry out a particular business activity.

It is the responsibility of the structural engineer, constructor and surveyor to ensure that any proposed base or foundation near an easement is designed to maintain the angle of rest of any rainwater pipe or inspection pit that may be included in the easement, in addition to maintaining appropriate distances. The legal point of discharge does not concern a physical pipeline. This is only one place. Easement and stormwater discharge point (opens in a new window) An easement is an area or part of an allocation set aside by law to enable the provision of joint infrastructure controlled by the state or municipality for a specific purpose, which may include: However, section 610 of the Building Regulations 2006 does not limit the powers of the council under the Local Government Act 1989: initiate a drainage project or require a homeowner to carry out drainage work. An easement is a portion of land on land title that gives someone the right to use that section for a specific purpose. even if they do not own the property. Easements usually contain pipes for stormwater and sewage disposal. These pipelines and associated inspection pits (infrastructure) are owned and maintained by the competent service authority. To determine if your property has an easement, you should obtain a copy of your plan of subdivision from the Land Titles Office.

The Council, together with Melbourne Water, is a designated drainage authority and has responsibilities conferred on it by state legislation. The responsibilities of council and property owners with respect to drainage and stormwater access can be found by downloading the fact sheet Stormwater Pipes and Easements (Responsibilities and Access). By-law 130(1) of the Building Regulations, 2018 requires the report and approval of a service authority in order to incorporate a easement transferred to that service authority. Examples of joint service authorities are the Council (rainwater) and Greater Western Water (sewers). If Council is noted as the beneficiary of the easement (detailed in the plan of subdivision), this may indicate that the easement contains a Council rainwater pipe. Planting foliage over an easement does not require Council approval. Items such as grass and shrubs can be planted freely. However, trees are limited to a specification that has only a mature shallow root system and does not interfere with the council stormwater pipe included in the easement. Location Pipe size Pipe depth Pipe offset measurements Type of pipe You must apply to the Council for legal discharge authorization. If you are unsure of the location of stormwater infrastructure on your property or the depth and size of the pipes, this report will prove useful.

If you intend to overconstruct an easement, you must first obtain approval from the Board and any service authority that has rights to your easement.